FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In order to apply for the state exam you must fill out all application material.
1. For the Salesperson Exam/License Application:
- There is a $60.00 fee associated with the exam application
- There is a $245.00 fee associated with the license application
- Looking to pay by Credit Card? Form RE 909: Click Here for Credit Card Payment Form!
2. You must include a copy of each course completion certificate or transcript and include it in your application packet.
3. You must schedule a live scan (Fingerprint) appointment and complete the forms.
For more information you can visit the DRE website.
- On average, it takes about 4 to 8 weeks for people to schedule their state exam. For more information about taking the state exam, please click on the following link: https://www.bre.ca.gov/Examinees/TakingExam.html
- The courses we offer meet state requirements and will prepare you for the state exam. In our 3-course package deals, you are also given access to an online state exam preparation course.
- Online Training Duration: A minimum of 54 days in total (18 days per course). You have a full year from your registration date to complete your courses and obtain your certificate.
- In-Class Training Duration: 3 months in total (1 month per course). You must complete all your quizzes and exams through your online portal system during the 3-month duration of your in-class training. You have a full year access to your online system from your registration date.
- After 18 days has passed from your registration date, then are you able to take your first course exam.
- If you fail the course exam once, you can retake it immediately after (but please note that the questions will be entirely different the second time taking it). If you fail the course exam a second time, you will need to wait 18 days AND retake all your quizzes for that course before taking it a third time, and so on.
- From the moment you begin the course exam, the clock gives you 2.5 hours to take it. It is required to take the course exam in one sitting. The save button is there to save your process in case of an emergency, however it will not stop your time.
- Please call the California DRE (877.373.4542) to see if any courses you took meet the state requirements. If a course does meet the requirements, we can create a custom package to meet your needs.
- It typically takes about 3-5 business days.
- We can help by setting up an appointment with you and a Keller Williams Realty brokerage of your choice, but you are not required to sign up with them as your broker.
- You are able to take our online training courses. Once you complete all the courses, you can apply for the state exam, which will be held in California.
- We offer 6 different electives:
- i. Finance
- ii. Economics
- iii. Property Management
- iv. Office Administration
- v. Appraisal
- vi. Legal Aspects
- 4 years.
- To pass the state exam, you need a 70% or higher.
- There are 7 categories that are on the state exam:
- i. Area 1: Contracts (approximately 12% of salesperson exam)
- ii. Area 2: Financing (approximately 9% of salesperson exam)
- iii. Area 3: Laws of Agency and Fiduciary Duties (approximately 17% of salesperson exam)
- iv. Area 4: Practice of Real Estate Disclosures (approximately 25% of salesperson exam)
- v. Area 5: Property Ownership and Land Use Controls and Regulations (approximately 15% of salesperson exam)
- vi. Area 6: Property Valuation and Financial Analysis (approximately 14% of salesperson exam)
- vii. Area 7: Transfer of Property (approximately 8% of salesperson exam)
- If you fail the state exam, you can apply to retake it again the next day.
- You have one year from your registration date to complete your online training. For an extension, please call us.
- A broker can work on his or her own, while an agent or associate has to work under a licensed broker.
- To sell real estate in the state of California, yes. Once you have passed the state exam, your license must hang at the brokerage of your choice.
- To receive your broker’s license, you must be an active real estate agent for 2 years and take additional courses, then complete the brokers state exam. These rules and regulations may not apply if you have a college degree. Please call the California DRE for assistance in finding out if you are eligible for a broker’s license.
- Immediately. As soon as you complete the exam, you will behanded an envelope with your score.
- You are able to purchase a 6-month extension to continue where you left off.
- Yes. In-Class training is only supplemental; your hours and requirements are all met through your online system.
- You are not allowed to take anything with you.
- No. Each class is independent of each other.
- Online is strictly taking all 3 courses online at your own pace, and In-Class training + Online means you would go to in-class training for 3 months long, and in addition, take all your quizzes and exams online through your online portal system.
- We recommend in-class training because it is a good way for you to network and meet other like-minded people. You also have the opportunity to ask questions to the trainer- someone who has closed many deals in the past and has a lot of experience in the industry. You will also hear personal experiences on particular topics from the trainer. Think about it as coaching!
- We have a partnership with Keller Williams, but we are a separate entity.You are not required to sign up with Keller Williams, but if you choose to, we can help set up an interview for you with them once you pass the state exam.
- We provide you with the necessary material you need in order to pass the state exam. However, you get what you put into it. If you work hard, if you are motivated, and if you stay on schedule, it is very likely that you will pass. We have a 90% passing rate on the first attempt of the state exam from the students who keep in contact with us.
STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Contact Us directly. We’d be happy to assist you personally (Contact: 888-317-8740)