Real Estate Agent and Trainer, Robert Rico, discusses the process of changing your career and becoming a real estate agent. Do you want to see more video blogs? Subscribe here!
Are you considering a career change into Real Estate?
Whether you are gainfully employed or simply looking for your next move, we understand that a career change is never easy. Not to worry though, we have outlined four steps to guide you towards a smooth transition into Real Estate.
Four Steps to Success When Making a Career Change:
While reflecting on all aspects of life is important, your ‘career path’ should be at the forefront of the list! Being self-aware of your strengths and weaknesses will help you decide which direction is best suited for YOU when embarking on this endeavor.
Ask yourself – Am I sociable? Am I prepared to be ‘on-call’ during unusual business hours and have a flexible schedule? Am I disciplined enough to be my own boss? Do I even enjoy real estate?
If you found yourself answering YES to these questions, then continue reading onwards!
We’re sure you’ve heard this saying before, but just in case you haven’t here it is – “Knowledge Is Power!” It’s important that you educate yourself as thoroughly as possible before embarking on your Real Estate journey.
Tips and Tricks:
- Talk to active agents to gain an inside perspective of a ‘day in the life’.
- Read our BLOGS! We provide valuable nuggets of information on a variety of topics.
- Attend a FREE INTRO SESSION. (This will provide you with more information and help you decide if this career is the right one for you.)
If you have made it this far, then you will definitely need to start planning with a purpose!
Tips & Tricks:
- Write down achievable current, short and long-term goals.
- Sign up for your courses. (Take classes online or with an in-class training supplement.)
- Mark and map your calendar to dedicate time.
Now that you have your license, it’s time to get started – your Real Estate journey has just begun. Getting your Real Estate license is an exciting time and we are here to help! At this point, it will be time for you to find a suitable brokerage. We recommend that you interview with a few of them before you determine what environment best fits you.
In the words of the living legend: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!” – Wayne Gretzky